Sunday, December 2, 2012

My First Attempt at Blogging

     As you can gather from the title of this post, this is the first time I've ever created a blog! I am not claiming that my blog will be interesting, but it will be my attempt at sharing my journey through being newly engaged, planning a wedding, and all of the excitement and stress that come with those things. I hope to keep friends and family updated with what is going on as well as get helpful feedback since this is the first wedding I have ever had an opportunity to plan.

So now let me catch you up on what's been going on...

     Adam and I have been dating since July 11, 2007! For those of you who don't want to add it up in your head.. that is almost 5 1/2 years! We met in high school and have been inseparable ever since. I love him more than anything and I am happy to say he feels the same ;) He is my best friend and better half and I couldn't have asked for a better friend/boyfriend/fiance/future husband!! We have always known that we would get married one day, but I was completely surprised when he got down on one knee on November 3, 2012! Here's a picture of how surprised I was...
My face.... Lol.

     So anyway, we are currently TRYING to begin the long process of wedding planning. We want an outdoor wedding and reception with beautiful lights and candles everywhere! That's about as far as we've gotten! I have called a few different places, but they have all been WAY too expensive for our budget. $3,500 just doesn't sound reasonable to me for a place to get married. Today we went to Coonskin Park and looked at a beautiful place by the river that has an open field and a large shelter with a full kitchen! The price is extremely low which makes it even more appealing. The only downfalls to this location are: 1. There is a mini-playground right beside the shelter. I know this shouldn't be a big deal, but it's so ugly!!! 2. The park closes at 10 pm and we want an evening/night wedding.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment :)

As I said, I am not a blogger and I really have no idea what I'm even doing. I hope that I can figure everything out so people can actually read this thing. Wish me luck!

xox

2 comments:

  1. Loooove the blog Brit <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of a wedding blog. Remember, don't be afraid to ask for help.

    ReplyDelete